Escape From East Berlin
Directed by Robert Siodmak, Starring Robert Siodmak, Kai Fischer, Horst Janson, Christine Kaufman, Werner Klemperer, Carl Schell, Ingrid Van Bergen, Don Murray, Alfred Balthoff, Bruno W. Pantel, Edith Schultze-Westrum, Anita KupschWritten by Robert Siodmak, Kai Fischer, Horst Janson, Christine Kaufman, Werner Klemperer, Carl Schell, Ingrid Van Bergen, Don Murray, Alfred Balthoff, Bruno W. Pantel, Edith Schultze-Westrum, Anita Kupsch
Based on an actual escape from East to West Germany staged on January 28, 1962, this routine docudrama by director Robert Siodmak re-enacts the tale. Kurt Schroeder (Don Murray) is a chauffeur, the young East Berliner who gets the idea of digging a tunnel underneath the Berlin Wall. Thus well-assured that no guards will be able to see him escaping, Kurt carefully implements his plan. But he is not thinking of himself alone, and when the time comes to use the tunnel and leave East Germany behind, he takes his family and a few dozen other people along with him. Eleanor Mannikka, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Warner Bros. Digital Dist
- UPC: 888574143602
- Region: Region [unknown]