European Church Architecture 1900 1950/ Europaischer Kirchenbau 1900 1950: Towards Modernism/ Aufbruch Zur Moderne
The most outstanding examples of European church architecture from 1900 to 1950 are included in this illustrated compilation - the first ever to be published on the subject. More than fifty buildings from twelve countries reflect the rich diversity to be found in church architecture on the threshold to Modernity. These churches, which range in style from central European Art Nouveau to the reform architecture of Scandinavia, paved the way for post-war ecclesiastical architecture in Europe. In addition, essays by prominent theologians explore the architectural changes conditioned by the two major Christian faiths. 'European Church Architecture 1900-1950' illustrates important buildings by architects including Gunnar Asplund, Otto Bartning, Hendrik Petrus Berlage, Dominikus Bohm, Theodor Fischer, Karl Moser, Auguste Perret, Joze Plecnik, Rudolf Schwarz and Otto Wagner.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Prestel Pub
- ISBN-13: 9783791336879
- ISBN: 3791336878
- Publication Year: 2006
- Edition: Bilingual