European Church Architecture 1900 1950/ Europaischer Kirchenbau 1900 1950: Towards Modernism/ Aufbruch Zur Moderne
The most outstanding examples of European church architecture from 1900 to 1950 are included in this illustrated compilation - the first ever to be published on the subject. More than fifty buildings from twelve countries reflect the rich diversity to be found in church architecture on the threshold to Modernity. These churches, which range in style from central European Art Nouveau to the reform architecture of Scandinavia, paved the way for post-war ecclesiastical architecture in Europe. In addition, essays by prominent theologians explore the architectural changes conditioned by the two major Christian faiths. 'European Church Architecture 1900-1950' illustrates important buildings by architects including Gunnar Asplund, Otto Bartning, Hendrik Petrus Berlage, Dominikus Bohm, Theodor Fischer, Karl Moser, Auguste Perret, Joze Plecnik, Rudolf Schwarz and Otto Wagner.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Prestel Pub
- ISBN-13: 9783791336879
- ISBN: 3791336878
- Publication Year: 2006
- Edition: Bilingual