Everything Is Movies
Was it a manufactured hologram or the fog rising from a lake? In Nicholas Lea's first collection of poetry, the question coalesces in an obvious yearning toward Surrealism and a supreme interest in aesthetics. Everything is movies wrestles with the myth-making of mass culture and high art but the collection accidentally? rolls off the bed and onto the floor, a heap of laughing limbs.Even as the middle section (Dummies Wonder) stretches its arms toward the capital-L Canadian Landscape, Lea's dazed, schizophrenic conclusion reminds readers not to take too seriously any invitation to "invent/a school in the wood somewhere/where dummies wonder" rather that all the while we've been "under-the-bubble-bath-looking-/up."
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Chaudiere Books
- ISBN-13: 9780978160173
- ISBN: 0978160177
- Publication Year: 2007