Everything You Know About Planet Earth Is Wrong
A fascinating and humorous read that debunks the surprising myths about the world we always believed. The latest addition to the popular Everything You Know series, this book will blow apart your beliefs in the world's physical and social landscape, leaving you staggered by astounding facts about our planet's geography, nature, countries and cities. Indulge your curiosity and you'll find a plethora of myths, legends and misquotes that have shaped the way we view the world today. Convinced the world is round? Think again! It's actually flatter at the poles. Have the Sahara down as the world's biggest desert? It's actually Antarctica. Brimming with facts about the world, how it works and the way we live in it, this illuminating book will guide you through the minefield of misinformation to set the record straight on everything from the location of Mexico to the correct way of measuring earthquakes. Discovering untruths about people and places, geography and the environment, Everything You Know About Planet Earth Is Wrong provides a hugely entertaining insight into the world we live in.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: B T Batsford Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781849944540
- ISBN: 1849944547
- Publication Year: 2019