Facing Empire: Indigenous Experiences In A Revolutionary Age
"In Facing Empire, Kate Fullagar and Michael A. McDonnell have collected a series of essays that focus on indigenous experiences in the revolutionary age of the late eighteenth century, looking at indigenous interactions with the British Empire particularly. The collection aims to view indigenous peoples as vital and dynamic actors across an increasingly global stage and think about what this new world of European-driven imperialism might have looked like to them. The contributors' mission is not only towrite histories that include indigenous perspectives but to present the imperial past with indigenous peoples as the main subjects. This collection covers the Indian and Pacific Oceans, Australia, and West and South Africa, as well as North America"--
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Johns Hopkins Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781421426563
- ISBN: 1421426560
- Publication Year: 2018