This Cecil B. DeMille-produced swashbuckler was based on Brigadier General, a story by Sherlock Holmes creator Arthur Conan Doyle. Set during the Napoleonic era, the film stars Rod La Rocque as young adventurer Etienne Girard, who becomes involved in the political intrigues fomented by the duplicitous Talleyrand (Sam de Grasse). Girard ends up rescuing gorgeous diplomatic courier Countess de Launay (Phyllis Haver) from Talleyrand's clutches, then takes it upon himself to deliver the important papers which the Countess was transporting to the anti-Napoleon forces. Julia Faye, Cecil B. DeMille's longtime "secret" sweetheart, is seen briefly as Napoleon's wife Josephine, while Napoleon is curiously portrayed in the style of a Jewish vaudeville comedian by Max Barwyn. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Traditions Alive
- UPC: 842614100338
- Region: Region [unknown]