First Christmas Morning
It doesn't get much more traditional than this. Former middle-of-the-road folksinger Dan Fogelberg sang, arranged, and produced First Christmas Morning, a collection of Christmas songs inspired by medieval, Baroque, and Renaissance melodies. He tosses in a handful of traditional songs -- "I Saw Three Ships," "What Child Is This?" -- and accompanies them with strings, harp, and the Santa Fe Desert Chorale, among other period-appropriate sounds. Though it is unlikely that any of Fogelberg's original compositions -- the joyous "At Christmas Time" and the somber "The First Christmas Morning" -- will make it into the popular canon of seasonal choices, his arrangements of the classics "O Tannenbaum" and "We Three Kings," though a little over the top, are quite good. ~ Denise Sullivan, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB Overland Park
- Seller rating:
- Label: Morning Sky
- UPC: 703404800121