First Impressions: A Novel Of Old Books, Unexpected Love, And Jane Austen
A thrilling literary mystery costarring Jane Austen from the "New York Times "bestselling author of "The Bookman's Tale" Charlie Lovett first delighted readers with his "New York Times" bestselling debut, "The Bookman's Tale." Now, Lovett weaves another brilliantly imagined mystery, this time featuring one of English literature's most popular and beloved authors: Jane Austen. Book lover and Austen enthusiast Sophie Collingwood has recently taken a job at an antiquarian bookshop in London when two different customers request a copy of the same obscure book: the second edition of "Little Book of Allegories "by Richard Mansfield. Their queries draw Sophie into a mystery that will cast doubt on the true authorship of "Pride and Prejudice"--and ultimately threaten Sophie's life. In a dual narrative that alternates between Sophie's quest to uncover the truth--while choosing between two suitors--and a young Jane Austen's touching friendship with the aging cleric Richard Mansfield, Lovett weaves a romantic, suspenseful, and utterly compelling novel about love in all its forms and the joys of a life lived in books.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Wheeler Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781410473868
- ISBN: 1410473864
- Publication Year: 2014
- Edition: LRG