Five Hundred Years Of Printing
Originally published in 1955, this text has been substantially revised and updated, taking account of the huge technological changes experienced in the printing industry since the 1970s. The coverage includes censorship, bestsellers, popular series, the history of illustration, the invention of lithography, and the connection between printing and education, language and literature. According to Beatrice Warde, the book represents "the five hundred years of printing as a creator of changes in human lives".
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: British Library Board
- ISBN-13: 9780712304146
- ISBN: 0712304142
- Publication Year: 1996