Flight Into Nowhere
Directed by Lewis D. Collins, Starring Lewis D. Collins, Ward Bond, James Burke, Robert Fiske, Howard Hickman, Jack Holt, Fritz Leiber, Dick Purcell, Hector V. Sarno, Karen Sorrell, Jacqueline WellsWritten by Lewis D. Collins, Ward Bond, James Burke, Robert Fiske, Howard Hickman, Jack Holt, Fritz Leiber, Dick Purcell, Hector V. Sarno, Karen Sorrell, Jacqueline Wells
Jack Holt does his usual Jack Holt thing in the Columbia quickie Flight into Nowhere. Holt is cast as airline pilot Jim Horne (amusingly, considering that the actor was deathly afraid of flying in real life), who hopes to run his own South American transport service. Horne's ace flyer Bill Kellogg (Dick Purcell) annoys everyone with his braying arrogance, leading Horne to "punish" Bill by preventing him from going on a particularly dangerous mission. Incensed, Bill defies orders and flies the mission with a stolen plane, which right on cue runs out of gas in the middle of the jungle. Horne spearheads an expedition to locate the missing Bill, who by now has been "adopted" by a friendly Peruvian tribe and doesn't want to go back to civilization. Meanwhile, Bill's sweetheart Joan Hammond (Jacqueline Wells) anxiously waits back at the base, biting her nails right down to the nubs. The film's best scenes take place amongst the Peruvian natives, incongruously headed by white-maned Shakespearean actor Fritz Leiber. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Sony Pictures Home
- UPC: 043396418752
- Region: Region [unknown]