Original Artists Hits Of The 50's
Madacy's Hits of the 50's collection features a variety of well-known artists from the decade. Much like all the other myriad Madacy collections, Love Songs doesn't feature the original recordings of the featured songs, the exceptions being original versions of Cathy Carr's "Ivory Tower" and Frankie Avalon's "Venus." Though the songs on this collection are performed by the original artists, the songs are new stereo recordings rather than the original recordings; however, never do these new versions compare to the original versions, sounding instead somewhat cheap and kitschy. Featured performances include the Platters' "The Great Pretender," Little Richard's "Keep a Knockin'," Bobby Day's "Rockin' Robin," the Drifters' "There Goes My Baby," Lloyd Price's "Stagger Lee," and Johnny Otis' "Willie and the Hand Jive," in addition to several others. ~ Jason Birchmeier, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Madacy Distribution
- UPC: 628261274123