Form And Light: From Bauhaus To Tel Aviv
"Yigal Gawze's photographs capture the abstraction, the simplicity and the optimism of early modernism in Tel Aviv. He distils the essence of the Bauhaus to bring it alive in a modern city and concentrates on the subtle effects of natural light upon architecture, a technique that the masters of the modern movement themselves applauded." Nonie Niesewand, design editor & author The fragment - an essential part of the structure which carries within it the genetic code of the whole, is in the core of this visual inquiry depicting Tel Aviv's White City. The encounter between a building style originating in Europe and the Mediterranean glare, is highlighted by the colour photography. While paying homage to the Bauhaus spi rit and the avant - garde photographers of the 1920s, it is also a tribute to past ideals and present renewal, enhancing the current relevance of the Modern Movement in an exceptional urban setting. The images add up to create a portrait of a place by reveal ing the poetic essence of its architecture and the role light takes in shaping it.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Hirmer Verlag
- ISBN-13: 9783777430997
- ISBN: 3777430994
- Publication Year: 2019
- Edition: Bilingual