From Canal Boy To President: The Boyhood And Manhood Of James A. Garfield
From Canal Boy to President describes the boyhood and manhood of James A. Garfield (1831-1881), America's twentieth President. This biography presents Garfield, who was born into poverty, as a model for boys and young men. It presents his distinguished leadership as the result of his hard work, his love of learning, his tremendous study habits, his development of public speaking abilities, and his compelling character, which blended kindness with respect for order.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of Akron Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781629221151
- ISBN: 1629221155
- Publication Year: 2018