The Further Adventures Of Babes In Toyland
What looks at first glance like something of a career overview from middle America's most beloved all-girl punk band is actually both something more and something less -- an odds-and-ends collection of B-sides, live performances, and unreleased (some of them deservedly) songs and alternate versions. The heart of the program is a handful of songs recorded live during the 1993 Lollapalooza tour -- these include "Handsome & Gretel," "Spun," and the notorious "Bruise Violet" (widely interpreted as a nasty put-down of the band's former friend Courtney Love). One of the album's best tracks, a brutal and charmingly amateurish rendition of "Ripe," was recorded live in Holland three years earlier. For curiosity seekers, there are cover versions of "We Are Family" and the kitsch classic "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft," as well as a surprisingly straight-faced version of the disco classic "More, More, More," complete with horns. This is not a definitive Babes document, but fans will be sure to get a big kick out of it. ~ Rick Anderson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Fuel 2000
- UPC: 030206112528