Giants Of The Big Band Era: Tommy Dorsey [Acrobat]
In the mid-'40s, trombonist Tommy Dorsey ruled the big-band roost, and these 12 selections indicate why. Though Dorsey did not compose any of them, the three Sy Oliver charts are precious, and you get rousing versions of "On the Sunny Side of the Street," "I'm Getting Sentimental Over You," and their signature tune "Opus #1." A fan of the Dorsey Brothers bands likely already has these studio transcriptions bound for radio broadcast in 1944. For other nostalgia buffs, this would be a good purchase, but for well under a sawbuck. Beware -- the CD clocks in at under 35 minutes. ~ Michael G. Nastos, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Acrobat (USA)
- UPC: 026656515729