The aptly titled Glorious is the culmination of Eddie Izzard's four standup specials of the '90s, and although 1998's Dress to Kill is tough competition, it's the best of the lot. At least it's the best to hear on CD, since it's less reliant on body language than the more physical Dress to Kill. Glorious kicks right off with the Big Topics, starting with God's creation of the world and moving on to a story of Noah and the ark that beats Bill Cosby's better-known version by a country mile (not least because it points out that it was kind of silly for Noah to bring two of any animal that could, y'know, swim) before continuing on into a lengthy and hilarious retelling of the Trojan War culminating in the brilliant "A Huge Fuck-Off Horse." Consistently side-splitting and just about the smartest standup comedy ever performed (a working knowledge of European history and culture is required to catch some of the more subtle jokes), Glorious is Izzard's masterpiece. ~ Stewart Mason, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Anti (USA)
- UPC: 045778674428