Directed by Daniel Schechter, Starring Daniel Schechter, Kevin Corrigan, Alan Ruck, Jerry Adler, Michael Mosley, Donell Rawlings, Vincent Piazza, Ivan Sandomire, Christine Evangelista, Sal The Stockbroker Governale, Kane ManeraWritten by Daniel Schechter, Kevin Corrigan, Alan Ruck, Jerry Adler, Michael Mosley, Donell Rawlings, Vincent Piazza, Ivan Sandomire, Christine Evangelista, Sal The Stockbroker Governale, Kane Manera
An ambitious young woman who can't afford to pay for college throws caution to the wind by moving to New York City and attempting to break into the toughest stand-up comedy circuit in the country. Melissa Brooks (Christine Evangelista) is down on her luck, but she's determined to live her life to the fullest despite the fact that she can't afford a higher education. Shortly after moving into the cramped, one bedroom apartment shared by her eccentric brother Robbie and his boyfriend Miller, Melissa wanders into a local comedy club and lands a job as a waitress. As the owner of the club takes Melissa gently under his wing, the aspiring comedienne bides her time between slinging drinks to customers and carefully observing the many comics who take the stage. After learning valuable lessons from both her new mentor as well as such acclaimed comics as Donnell Rawlings, Kevin Corrigan, and Sal "The Stockbroker" Governale, Melissa finally gains the courage to test her material on some of the nation's most unforgiving audiences. As if the stress of making one's stand-up debut on the New York City stand-up circuit isn't enough to deal with, the pretty young comic soon finds herself involved in a complicated love triangle while attempting to resolve some serious issues from her sordid past. Jason Buchanan, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Cinevolve Studios
- UPC: 812142010164
- Region: Region 1