Group Psychotherapy In Inpatient, Partial Hospital, And Residential Care Settings
This book describes six therapy models that can be used to treat individuals in facilities that offer short-term group psychotherapy. Group psychotherapy can be daunting, especially for students and others who have not led groups before. Choosing a model of therapy can be especially tricky. The best therapy, as authors Virginia Brabender and April Fallon explain in this book, is one that meshes well with the needs of the patient population, the therapist, and the environment in which treatment is taking place. They also emphasize the key role of process-the interactions between and among group members and the therapist-in the mechanics of group psychotherapy. For each approach-interpersonal, psychodynamic, cognitive behavior, acceptance and commitment, problem solving, and behavioral therapies-the authors examine theoretical underpinnings, characteristic interventions, relevant research, strengths and weaknesses across different clinical contexts, and the unique demands of the therapy setting. Filled with vivid clinical vignettes, the authors demonstrate how therapists can choose, adapt, and implement the model most suited for their group.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Amer Psychological Assn
- ISBN-13: 9781433829901
- ISBN: 1433829908
- Publication Year: 2018