H. G. Wells Classic Collection Ii: In The Days Of The Comet, Men Like Gods, The Sleeper Awakes, The War In The Air
A second omnibus collecting more of H.G. Wells' best-loved works, cornerstones of early science fiction which are perfect for collectors and aficionados of great SF Four novels from the grandfather of science fiction are collected here in one package. In the Days of the Comet is a 1906 story in which the vapors of a comet bring about a profound and lasting transformation in the attitudes and perspectives of humankind. The 1923 novel Men Like Gods features a journalist who finds himself in a utopian parallel universe, and as the utopian attitudes begin to have their effect on him, he finds that he and his fellow travelers may be having their own effect upon the utopia. The 1910 dystopian tale The Sleeper Awakes centers on a man who sleeps for 203 years, waking up in a completely transformed London, where he has become the richest man in the world. Lastly, The War in the Air, from 1907, is notable for its prophetic ideas, images, and concepts, in particular the use of the aircraft for the purpose of warfare and the coming of World War I.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Victor Gollancz
- ISBN-13: 9780575095229
- ISBN: 0575095229
- Publication Year: 2011