Haile Selassie: His Rise, His Fall
With scholars far from agreement in their opinions of Ethiopia's Haile Selassie, the questions remain: Who was Haile Selassie? What was the secret of his survival across half a century-and how did he come to be a virtual exile in his own country, then murdered, the last emperor in a centuries-old dynasty? The author's Haile Selassie, full of fresh perspectives and insights, adds much to our understanding of the emperor. Drawing on new archival sources, as well as decades of research on Ethiopia, Erlich tells the multifaceted, sometimes tragic story not only of a single individual, but also of modern Ethiopia both domestically and in world affairs.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Holmes & Meier Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781626377547
- ISBN: 1626377545
- Publication Year: 2018