Half Price Homicide: A Dead End Job Mystery
Tired of living life on the lam, Helen Hawthorne goes back to St. Louis to clear her name of alimony evasion so she can finally marry the man she loves. But she still has to pay the bills, even if it means working at a consignment shop where the designerduds are to die for--literally. Secondhand clothes. First-degree murder. At Snapdragon, the high-end designer consignment shop, Helen is at the beck and call of snobby--yet frugal--customers. That alone is a deadly combination, but the sellers of the drool-worthy fashions can be even more high maintenance. Especially Chrissy, who comes in with a purse to sell and ends up screaming it out with her own husband and another customer. If Helen didn't have a greedy ex-husband demanding more money and a mother in a Florida nursing home, she'd be hanging up her cash register. But when Chrissy is found dead in a dressing room with a hand-painted scarf around her neck, Helen goes from being low on society's totem pole to high on the police's suspect list.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Library
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Center Point Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781602858930
- ISBN: 1602858934
- Publication Year: 2010
- Edition: LRG