Hard To Find 45s, Vol. 12: 60s And 70s Pop Classics
The 19 singles collected on this set of 1960s and 1970s pop hits are hardly heavy or experimental, but are designed instead for comfortable appeal, and each, in its own way, freezes its era perhaps more clearly than the more artistic and exploratory work that went on in the recording studios of the day -- no doubt because these songs were heard constantly on the radio. Like them or not, there are some serious ear worms here, like Wayne Fontana & the Mindbenders' "Game of Love," Jay & the Techniques' Motown-like "Apple, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie," the Sandpipers' wistful "Come Saturday Morning," the group Smith's toughened-up version of the Shirelles' "Baby It's You," King Harvest's "Dancing in the Moonlight," and Andy Gibb's "I Just Want to Be Your Everything," and each of these is likely to get one singing along, like it or not. Some songs we love. Some songs love us. These are examples of the latter. They worm their way in there. They don't let go easily. ~ Steve Leggett, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Eric Records
- UPC: 730531153028