Harold And Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay [Original Motion Picture Score]
The scoring for a broad comedy like Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay is actually a delicate matter in which the music must support the varying moods without overwhelming the humor. Happily, the filmmakers found an expert in composer George S. Clinton, who began his Hollywood career providing music for the Cheech & Chong movie Still Smokin' and went on to such efforts as the Austin Powers films. Here, he ranges from the big, stirring symphonic theme that launches the first cue, "Ron Fox/Interrogation/Gitmo," to ersatz Indian music that gives way to fast-paced action music ("Cockmeat Sandwich"), Bernard Herrmann-like horror music ("Dead Bambi/Cell Phone/Doors/Cyrus"), Western themes ("Branded"), and a combination of Ennio Morricone-like Western music and disco ("Hewitt Texas/Broken Heel/The Airport"). This eclecticism keeps things light and fun, which is what comedies like this are aiming for. ~ William Ruhlmann, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Lakeshore Records
- UPC: 780163401127