Hats By Madame Paulette: Paris Milliner Extraordinaire
Madame Paulette was Paris's queen of milliners. Born in 1900, this famed headwear designer learned her trade between the wars, and by the forties and fifties her hats crowned the heads of everyone who was anyone in Paris, and were increasingly sought by the rich and famous around the world. Film stars such as Greta Garbo, Marlene Dietrich, and Audrey Hepburn were some of her most ardent fans, as well as royalty, including Princess Grace of Monaco and the Duchess of Windsor.Hats by Madame Paulette will appeal to fashion experts and aficionados of fine millinery alike, providing an essential guide on the most indispensable fashion item of the mid-twentieth century; no woman would consider herself formally dressed without a hat. In addition to celebrities vying for Madame Paulette's creations, fashion photographers clamored for her designs. Included here are photographs from Avedon, Newton, Horst, and Klein, as well as film stills of the hats she designed for Cecil Beaton that appeared in My Fair Lady and Gigi.
- Condition: Used - Fine/Like New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Rockwall
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson
- ISBN-13: 9780500517314
- ISBN: 0500517312
- Publication Year: 2014