Havana: Short Shadows
Havana triggers a wealth of images and projections in our mind's eye. Beyond the cliches, the phot ographer Eva - Maria Fahrner - Tutsek focuses her gaze on everyday life in Havana. Her photographs show life in the streets and the mood of the people. As we look and read, the light and dark sides of the capital of Cuba are gradually revealed. The most recent economic recession has brought the changes which had just begun in Cuba to a standstill. The associated privations are reflected in the behaviour and the faces of the people living in Havana. Fahrner - Tutsek's photographs show the inhabitants of the city a s they go about their business (which is often non - existent), sit on the street, perhaps play or simply wait. In a poetic approach the Cuban writer Leonardo Padura describes life in present - day Havana. The volume is enhanced by an insightful essay by the n oted photographer and photographic theorist Michael Freeman.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Hirmer Verlag
- ISBN-13: 9783777430980
- ISBN: 3777430986
- Publication Year: 2019
- Edition: MUL