Have One On Me
Joanna Newsom uses Have One on Me's two-hour spread to travel from Appalachian folk to big-city pop, with stops at country, soul, and gospel along the way. It's a dense journey, not just as a whole, but from song to song. Over 11 minutes, "Have One on Me" begins with jazzy harp stylings and some of Newsom's most polished vocals, returns to Milk-Eyed Mender's rural whimsy, passes through a marching band, and lands in a British folk reverie. "Kingfisher," a chamber pop fantasia that plays like a condensed version of Ys, "'81"'s winsome country-pop, and the dazzlingly beautiful "Go Long" are other standouts. At its best, Have One on Me is an impressive album with the intimacy of a live performance. ~ Heather Phares, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Drag City
- UPC: 781484039020