Healing Waters is a vivid exploration of water therapy all over the world. Linda Troeller's photographs, taken over a period of ten years, are more symbolic than descriptive; through a subtle use of color and blurred motion, these images capture the human form in communion with water, in a state of sublime, often ecstatic, immersion. The treatments that Troeller observes, and with which she herself experiments, are the subject of these sensuous photographs, which place the viewer at the heart of a revitalizing process of rebirth and renewal, the ultimate goal of alternative water therapies. From Montecatini, Italy, to the baths of Baden-Baden, Germany, and Beppu, Japan, Troeller's photographs take the viewer on a wide-ranging and transformative journey.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Aperture
- ISBN-13: 9780893817701
- ISBN: 0893817708
- Publication Year: 1998
- Edition: 1