Heroes Next Door: Hornet 24
MR. ED HAS A HELICOPTER! Shouts Ellie and her older brother Matt as they pull into their driveway one afternoon. Can we go next door and see it? Ellie and Matt have never given much thought to their much-older neighbor until they see a timeworn helicopter parked outside his house. Heroes Next Door-Hornet 24 speaks to the hidden stories we all hold within and introduces two precocious children to the realities of the Vietnam War. Mr. Ed, a retired U.S. Army Aviator, shares his own experiences with Ellie and Matt as they assist in restoring the helicopter. What soon unfolds is a tale more dramatic and harrowing than the children ever thought they would encounter in their humble suburban neighborhood, the children learn history, patriotism, respect, courage and sacrifice from Mr. Ed's stories. Written with younger audiences in mind, Heroes Next Door-Hornet 24 acts as a living history that will touch generations to come.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Elm Hill Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781595548450
- ISBN: 1595548459
- Publication Year: 2018