Hierarchy, Information And Power: Cities As Corporate Command And Control Centers
This book is a collection of selected papers presented in the 2012 annual meeting of the Association of American Geographers in New York honoring James O. Wheeler (1938-2010). The eight papers are informed and inspired by James O. Wheeler's many contributions to urban geography, particularly in the areas of urban hierarchy, information flows, cities in the telecommunications age, and cities as corporate command and control centers. They adopt and extend Jim Wheeler's corporate and/or hierarchical approaches to discuss institutional investment in the U.S., corporate interlocking directorates and fast-growing firms in Canada, corporate intangible assets in South Korea, urban development in Beijing and Macau, and social and cultural diversity of global cities such as New York. Although these two approaches are not the fanciest ones in today's urban geography, they are essential to the understanding of how urban areas are connected and what drives this interconnectedness in this age of globalization. This book was previously published as a special issue of Urban Geography.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9780367026318
- ISBN: 0367026317
- Publication Year: 2018