Historic England Eastbourne & Around: Unique Images From The Archives Of Historic England
This illustrated history portrays one of England's finest seaside towns. It provides a nostalgic look at Eastbourne's past and highlights the special character of some of its most important historic sites. The photographs are taken from the unique Historic England Archive, the nation's record of 12 million photographs, drawings and publications, ranging from the 1850s and the earliest days of photography up to the present day. Historic England: Eastbourne shows the town as it once was, from its streets and squares to its parks and promenades. It remains a genteel resort with none of the glitz, glamour and `kiss-me-quickness' of other seaside towns; even today there are no shops or amusement arcades along the seafront. This book provides a nostalgic trip through time and shows that Eastbourne is still the `Empress of the South'.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Amberley Pub Plc
- ISBN-13: 9781445675329
- ISBN: 1445675323
- Publication Year: 2018