Historical Atlas Of The Ancient World
The Historical Atlas of the Ancient World, planned with both the expert and amateur historian in mind, offers a fascinating and detailed guide to the history of humanity -- from the time of our earliest ancestors to the thriving civilizations of the fifth century B.C. Combining detailed maps of the shifting patterns of human settlement with a wealth of supporting narrative and insightful depictions of the past, the atlas presents an overview of the sprawling themes of history, from agricultural innovations to biblical kingdoms to the rise and fall of empires and states. With snapshot surveys and regional maps looking closely at the great events of each era, illuminating insights into less familiar and often overlooked cultures, and hard facts and expert interpretation of the past, the Historical Atlas of the Ancient World is an invaluable guide to anyone searching for the remains of the past.-- Thirty full-color maps trace the history of all parts of the world between 4,000,000 and 500 B.C., including civilizations and nomadic routes-- Contains detailed coverage of major political, military, social, and cultural developments, all fully cross-referenced and indexed-- Combines the functions of an historical atlas with those of an historical encyclopedia, allowing for quick and easy reference and sustained reading
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Sterling Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781586632380
- ISBN: 1586632388
- Publication Year: 2001