Histories Of Technology, The Environment And Modern Britain
Histories of Technology, the Environment, and Modern Britain brings together historians with a wide range of interests to take a broad, multifaceted look at how technology and the environment have become intimately and irreversibly entangled in Britain over the last three hundred years. For the first time, the book brings together two perspectives with ample insights into the history of Britain since the Industrial Revolution: the history of technology and environmental history. Both technologies and our living and nonliving environment comprise material forms of organization--or self-organization--and both have changed over time, sometimes in intersecting ways. Among the technologies discussed in the collection are bulldozers, submarine cables, automobiles, flood barriers, medical devices, museum displays, and biotechnologies. Environments discussed include both places of natural beauty and pollution, bogs, cities, farms, land, and sea. The book explores this diversity and offers an integrated framework for understanding these intersections.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Ucl Pr Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781911576587
- ISBN: 1911576585
- Publication Year: 2018
- Edition: 1