History Of Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge
Addenbrooke's Hospital has strongly influenced both the development of medical practice and the social history of Cambridge. This authoritative and absorbing account of the hospital traces in detail its history and development, from its benefaction in 1719 by John Addenbrooke, through its early years of expansion, reforms and modernisation and over the period of the two world wars. With the use of rare and previously unseen archive material, including the original minutes, the authors have produced a careful, authoritative and fascinating account of the history and development of one of Britain's most famous hospitals. Embellished with evocative and often rare documentary illustrations, this book will be of the greatest interest and value to all those associated with Addenbrooke's: clinicians, nursing and administrative staff, students and patients, as well as to anyone with an interest in the social and medical history of Cambridge.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cambridge Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780521142397
- ISBN: 0521142393
- Publication Year: 2010
- Edition: 1