Stanley Yelnats is sent away to a boys' detention center where the warden instructs the boys to "build character" by digging holes everyday, but it doesn't take long for Stanley to figure out that the warden is up to something, and he decides to figure out what it is. Newbery Medal Winner. Teacher's Guide available. Reissue.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Random House Childrens Books
- ISBN-13: 9780440228592
- ISBN: 044022859X
- Publication Year: 2001
- Edition: Reprint