Holiday Classics is a compilation made up of tracks from previous Naxos releases by the Seattle Symphony and its director Gerard Schwarz. Five tracks are devoted to selections from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite, a perennial holiday favorite. Three are taken from Handel's Water Music Suite, which, while not related to the December holiday season (it would be an unfortunate climate for musicians to be floating on a barge down the Thames), is festive and celebratory. Pachelbel's Canon is also included, in a desultory performance that's out of character with the rest of the music on the album, and the remaining tracks consist of orchestral arrangements of traditional Christmas carols. Except for the plodding and lackluster Canon, the pieces are well played and should satisfy listeners looking for orchestral music intended to drum up holiday cheer. Naxos' sound is clean and present. ~ Stephen Eddins, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Naxos (Distributor)
- UPC: 747313267378