How To Get Grant Money In The Humanities And Social Sciences
Scholars in the humanities and social sciences need money to do research. This book shows them how to get it. In this accessible volume, Raphael Folsom shares proven strategies in a series of short, witty chapters. It features tips on how graduate students, postdocs, and young faculty members can present themselves and their work in the best possible light. The book covers the basics of the grant-writing process, including finding a mentor, organizing a writing workshop, conceptualizing the project on a larger scale, and tailoring an application for specific submissions. The book includes interviews with nine of the most respected scholars in the country, each of whom has evaluated thousands of grant applications. The first authoritative book on the subject, Folsom's indispensable work will become a must-have resource for years to come.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Yale Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780300217438
- ISBN: 0300217439
- Publication Year: 2019