Human Factors Engineering
Apply Engineering Fundamentals to Human Factors Applications With a sound qualitative, mathematical approach, this new book shows how to use fundamental engineering skills to solve human factors application problems. As readers learn to use the same mathematical and analytical methods that are applied to inanimate devices, systems, and processes, they'll enhance their understanding of the interface between human factors and engineering science. Plus, the book shows how to apply human factors engineering concepts to ergonomic engineering practice and biomedical engineering, including evaluating the trade off in equipment design and human operator capabilities. Hey Features* A review of the relevant engineering fundamentals is provided prior to introducing the human factors applications.* Numerous worked examples, integrated throughout the text, show students how the relevant equations are used in a real-world human factors application.* Matlab is employed in the worked examples. This allows quantitative simulation of human operator performance that involves systems of simultaneous linear equations and non-linear equations.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
- ISBN-13: 9780471240891
- ISBN: 0471240893
- Publication Year: 1999