Icarus On Earth
Jane Griffith's second collection re-imagines lives. Her poems are populated by people ranging from the invented to the mythological to the wholly real. Somewhere in between, the title-sequence recreates the life of Icarus as it might have been had he been born in modern suburban England. Through the voices of his father, his mother, his mildly inept biographer, and the girl-next-door, it explores the gap between desire and reality, and the consequences of trying to get across it.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Bloodaxe Books Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781852246952
- ISBN: 1852246952
- Publication Year: 2005