Imagery: Art For Wine
In 1985, winemaker Joe Benziger and Sonoma artist Bob Nugent struck on the idea of putting original art on special releases of Imagery Estate wines. The goal was straight-forward: commission the world's modern art luminaries to create works for reproduction onto wine labels. Two decades and 160 labels later, they have assembled a staggering collection of contemporary art, from the likes of Sol Lewitt, Terry Winters, Nancy Graves, John Baldessari, Judy Pfaff, and Bob Arneson. This book highlights 133 works of art, the best of the Imagery collection. The images are big and lush, and accompanied by biographical sketches of the artists careers, as well as a short description of their individual ideas and methods. The pictorial index shows the works in their label-form, from 1985 to the most recent vintages. These images are evocations of wine's multi-faceted ability to inspire us.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Board & Bench Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781891267925
- ISBN: 1891267922
- Publication Year: 2006