Images Of Barbarossa: The German Invasion Of Russia, 1941
-- Contains many previously unpublished photographs-- Includes the murderous activities of the SS in Russia in 1941On June 22, 1941, Adolf Hitler launched Operation Barbarossa, the German invasion of the Soviet Union. More than 3 million men smashed east to begin the German crusade to rid the world of Bolshevism and conquer living space for the Thousand-Year Reich. The story of the German invasion is told through the book's spectacular photographs, which convey the true horror and scale of this campaign, including the largest tank battles of the war, savage hand-to-hand fighting, massive aerial destruction, and the genocidal activities of the SS. With its authoritative text and extended captions, Images of Barbarossa is an enthralling pictorial record of one of history's most vicious military campaigns. Containing many previously unpublished photographs, the book will appeal to military specialists and laymen alike.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB Preston Village
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of Nebraska Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781574883190
- ISBN: 1574883194
- Publication Year: 2001