In The Eye Of The Storm: Edgar Mittelholzer 1909 2009: Critical Perspectives
In celebration of the 100th anniversary of Edgar Mittelholzer's birth, this wide-ranging collection assembles recent essays on Mittelholzer as a pioneering Caribbean modernist, critical overviews of his published works throughout the past 50 years, and the reflections of his contemporaries such as Frank Collymore, George Lamming, and A. J. Seymour. Biographical accounts of the author's conflicted lifeincluding one by Mittelholzer's widow, Jacqueline Wardprovide an important background to the literature. Arguing for the continuing relevance of his fiction and its place in the Caribbean canon, this comprehensive compilation presents a rewarding exploration of the novelist's life and literary achievement.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Peepal Tree Pr Ltd
- ISBN-13: 9781845231286
- ISBN: 1845231287
- Publication Year: 2018