Indianapolis 500: A Century Of Excitement / With Poster
THE GREATEST SPECTACLE IN RACINGIn Indianapolis racing is religion. The Speedway is our temple. Thats the best way I can explain my worship for Indianapolis. Racing legend Mario AndrettiOfficially licensed in cooperation with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis 500: A Century of Excitement tells the compelling and entertaining story of the race that has become known as simply The Greatest Spectacle in Racing. Overflowing with more than 600 photographs hand-picked from the Speedways mammoth photo archives, and filled with historic, behind-the-scene stories, youll revel in the history that has shaped this amazing event. Of course, The 500. means something different for all who experience it. Perhaps David Letterman, the famed TV talk show host, car owner and Indiana native, says it best in the Foreword to the book when he calls the Indianapolis 500, simply, a friend.Deluxe Edition Bonus Content:17" x 23" poster: Indianapolis 500 Milestone MachinesReplicas of historic documents: 1976 spectator ticket, 1911 race entry ledger and 1909 Speedway contract for bricks from Wabash Clay CompanyOfficial Indianapolis Motor Speedway window decalForward by David Letterman and Preface by three-time 500 champion Helio Castroneves
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Krause Pubns Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781440214134
- ISBN: 1440214131
- Publication Year: 2010
- Edition: SLP