"Introductory Microbiology" is written for diploma level students and those undertaking introductory courses or modules in microbiology as part of their degree course. It is intended to cover the fundamental principles of microbiology and their applications without encompassing the many specialist topics commonly found in more advanced comprehensive tests for honours undergraduates. The appeal of the book lies in its clearly defined target market and deliberately concise treatment, its frequent references to microbiological appications to medicine and industry, and its plentiful use of half-tones and two-colour illustrations. Questions are included at the ends of chapters (with answers provided at the back of the book), together with suggestions for further reading. The book also includes a glossary of specialst terms. This book should be of interest to first and second year undergraduates in biology (all branches), applied biology, microbiology, paramedical (health) sciences.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Springer Verlag
- ISBN-13: 9780412453007
- ISBN: 0412453002
- Publication Year: 1995