Iota: God As Nature, Nature As God
Iota is the acronymic name given to God-or-Nature. It stands for the Infinite One which is conceived under the Two Aspects of thought and matter. Following the 17th century philosopher Benedict Spinoza, from whose works he quotes extensively, Wheeler shows that dualism of any sort, whether theological, philosophical or scientific, always leads to contradiction, division, and conflict, and that regarding ourselves as parts of Nature and of each other is the only way forward to healing the divisions and conflicts between absolutist religions, cultures, and faiths. The most important implication of Iota is that to hurt any part of Nature is to hurt our collective self. Until political and religious leaders grasp this simple concept, there will be little hope for peace in the world.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Iuniverse Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781440101847
- ISBN: 1440101841
- Publication Year: 2008