It Came From Bob's Basement: Exploring The Science Fiction And Monster Movie Archive Of Bob Burns
Known to give up precious living space to display a full-size creature from the Black Lagoon or a pair of Frankenstein's clod-hoppers, Bob Burns is the patron saint of special effects for B movies. His storied basement houses the largest private collection of props, models, sketches, storyboards, and other bits of nostalgic debris from a century's worth of films.It Came from Bob's Basement is a colorful journey through the vivid and campy world of fantastic cinema and a true tribute to a man who has dedicated his life to the preservation of incredible movie artifactsfrom the original King Kong's metallic skeleton to the life-size Alien Queen. Including insider stories from the sets of favorites likeThe She Creature, It Conquered the World, and Plan Nine from Outer Space, Bob Burns brings fellow fantasy buffs up close with props and artwork from the greatest (and most outrageous) sci-fi films of all time. A story told with genuinely irresistible enthusiasm, Bob's Basement honors the beloved cult classics that have shaped movie history.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Chronicle Books Llc
- ISBN-13: 9780811825726
- ISBN: 0811825728
- Publication Year: 2000