It's Not An All Night Fair
Now available for the first time in English, a classic from "a novelist who should get in line for the Nobel Prize" (Los Angeles Times) Pramoedya Ananta Toer is Indonesia's most celebrated writer, with over thirty works of fiction translated into over thirty languages, and the recipient of many major international awards, including the grand prize in the Fukuoka Asian Culture Prize competition, Japan's highest literary honor. Narrated in the first person in Pramoedya's signature style, It's Not an All Night Fair tells the deeply affecting story of a son returning home to central Java to confront the fact of his father's death. Struggling to understand his reticent father, the son embarks on a personal quest to find value and meaning not only in his father's life but also in his own.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Penguin Group USA
- ISBN-13: 9780143037026
- ISBN: 0143037021
- Publication Year: 2006