Jaws [Original Soundtrack]
Jaws was John Williams' first film score to capture the imagination of the public, and the first hit movie score of the 1970s not to involve a love theme (? la Love Story). The obvious centerpiece of the music is the bump-bump-bump-bump theme associated with the movements (usually unseen) of the shark, which became so well known that it was used as an essential part of various comedy sketches in a multitude of media at the time (Williams himself quoted it comically in his scoring for Steven Spielberg's 1941). It does reappear in numerous forms, many of them veiled, throughout the score, along with a handful of additional memorable musical phrases associated with Williams' score, many involving the hunt for the shark. This was not only where John Williams' career as a superstar soundtrack composer began but also where he first started using the musical attributes that would identify that phase of his career. ~ Bruce Eder, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: HPB Garland
- Seller rating:
- Label: MCA (USA)
- UPC: 076732166024