Jewels Of The Doctrine: Stories Of The Saddharma Ratnavaliya
This is a translation of the first fifteen stories of the thirteenth century Sinhala work, the Saddharma Ratna valiya written by the monk Dharmase na. The Saddharma Ratna valiya is in turn an expanded version of the fifth century Pali work, the Dhammapadattakata. The stories are lively and entertaining, of interest to the general reader and the specialist. A skilled teacher, and raconteur, the author probes the depths of Buddhist philosophical doctrine and makes it meaningful for his lay audiences. Generations of Sri Lankans have read, heard and enjoyed the stories. They deal with the vicissitudes of the human condition and so, like all good literature have a timeless relevance and appeal."
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: State Univ of New York Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780791404904
- ISBN: 0791404900
- Publication Year: 1991