Jim: The Life And Work Of James Griffiths
This is the first full-length biography of James Griffiths, a product of the Welsh radical political tradition. Griffiths became a miner at 13 and was a conscientious objector during World War I. He rose to become President of the South Wales Miners' Federation, the MP for Llanelli for 34 years, Chairman and then Deputy Leader of the Labor Party, and the first Secretary of State for Wales in 1964. A significant figure in Welsh and British politics, James Griffiths, as Minister for National Insurance in the Atlee post-war government, introduced the Family Allowance in 1946 and became Secretary of State for the Colonies in 1950. Griffiths was also instrumental in the establishment of the Welsh Office. [Subject: Biography, Politics, Welsh Studies, History]
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Welsh Academic Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781860571206
- ISBN: 1860571204
- Publication Year: 2018