Jim's Dictionary: Alphabetized Pessimism
In the tradition of famed lexicographers, Samuel Johnson and Ambrose Bierce, comes James Francis Johnson, ready to give his spiritual ancestors a run for their cynical money. In this volume of Alphabetized Pessimism, the reader will discover words that take on a whole new meaning, literally, for example when Jim defines Recognition as Given to a man who grows a handlebar mustache. Jim's Dictionary is the ultimate leave-it-on-a-shelf-beside-the-toilet book, with its short, digestible entries. It may even encourage one to loiter a few extra minutes on the commode, which, in a one-bathroom house, may cause problems in the family. Then again, according to Jim, what is a family but a collection of forced friendships, some of which fail? Nuff said.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781479137831
- ISBN: 1479137839
- Publication Year: 2012